What is Washi Tape?
Washi tape, also known as Japanese tape, is a type of decorative adhesive tape made from natural fibers, such as bamboo, hemp, rice, and the inner bark of the paper mulberry tree. Washi tape is known for its unique texture, thinness, and strength, and it is often used for a variety of creative and decorative purposes. It’s often used in scrapbooking, card making, journaling, and other papercraft projects. It can also be used to decorate walls, furniture, and other household items. It can also be used in packaging as well. Washi tape comes in a wide variety of colors, patterns, and designs, and it can be easily torn by hand or cut with scissors, making it easy to use and versatile.
Working with Washi Tape
Washi tape can be hand-torn or cut using scissors or a dispenser. It can be used for largely designed home decor or small shapes like triangles, squares, or arrow tips.
It has a waxy surface that allows permanent inks. Washi tape is fun and inexpensive, it is available everywhere. One should get the chance to play with the designs and colors.
Washi tape is a versatile and easy-to-use crafting material that can be used for a variety of projects. Here are a few ways to use washi tape:
- Decorating: Washi tape can be used to decorate walls, furniture, notebooks, journals, picture frames, and other items. Simply cut or tear off a piece of tape and apply it to the surface you want to decorate.
- Scrapbooking: Washi tape is a great tool for adding color and interest to your scrapbook pages. Use it to create borders, frames, and other embellishments.
- Card making: Washi tape can be used to create unique and colorful cards. Use it to create designs on the front of the card, or use it to seal the envelope.
- Wrapping presents: Washi tape can be used to wrap presents in a unique way. Use it to create patterns and designs on the wrapping paper or to seal the edges of the gift wrap.
- DIY projects: Washi tape can be used to create all sorts of DIY projects such as decorating a lampshade, creating a picture frame, or designing your own phone case.
- Planner: Washi tape is a great tool for decorating and personalizing your planner. Use it to create different sections, highlight important dates or add a pop of color to your pages.
When using washi tape, it’s important to note that it can be removed and repositioned easily without leaving residue, but it can’t be repositioned as much as regular tape. Also, it’s not suitable for permanent or heavy-duty tasks.
How to Store Your Washi Tapes
Once you become a washi tape addict, you might find yourself surrounded by piles of colored rolls.
There are a few ways to store washi tape, depending on the amount you have and your personal preferences. Here are a few options:
- Washi tape dispenser: This is a small plastic or wooden device that holds a roll of washi tape and has a built-in cutter. It allows you to easily tear off a piece of tape and keep your rolls organized.
- Washi tape organizer: This is a plastic or cardboard container with individual compartments for holding different rolls of tape. It can be portable and easy to store in a drawer or on a shelf.
- Washi tape book: This is a small book-like holder with pages of clear plastic pockets, each of which can hold a roll of washi tape. It’s easy to flip through the pages to find the tape you want, and the book itself can be stored in a drawer or on a shelf.
- Storing in a plastic container: This is a great way to store and organize a large collection of washi tape. You can use a clear plastic container with a lid, so it’s easy to see what you have and to keep your tapes protected from dust or damage.
- Hanging them on a hanger: You can also put them on a hanger and hanging it on a wall or closet, this way you can see all of the designs and easily grab the one you want to use.
Ultimately, the most important thing is to keep your washi tape in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat, so it doesn’t lose its stickiness or fade over time.