Brush Lettering Class
Dates: refer here
Time: 10am to 12:30pm
Location: Home studio at Residensi 357 Setapak, Kuala Lumpur.
Class size: private 1-1
Class level: Beginner. This workshop requires no prior experience in calligraphy/watercolor.
What is Brush Lettering?
Brush lettering is a beautiful craft that is a tribute to hand lettering and calligraphy. There are many reasons to learn Brush Lettering. Sitting quietly and drawing letterforms can bring us a sense of peace and serenity. The essence of lettering is to create beautiful artwork with our hands and hearts.
In this class, you will learn the art of brush lettering using a brush pen and water brush. You will learn different watercolor techniques, blending colors, and upper/lowercase letters to help you find your own brush lettering style. At the end of the class, you’ll be able to create your own custom lettered canvas to keep or gift to your loved one, and walk away with a unique skill set that turns your words into beautiful arts.
- Know your brush pens and papers
- Basics of Brush Lettering
- Practicing the Basic Strokes and Alphabets
- Basic skills of watercolor (bleed and blend techniques)
- Connecting letters
- Doodles such as watercolor leaves and roses will be demonstrated
- Creating a Frame-worthy artwork on a watercolor canvas panel
This workshop includes all the materials needed to get started:
- 1 x Tombow Dual Brush Pen
- 1 x Pentel Aquash Brush Pen (Fine Point)
- 1 x Watercolor set and palette
- 1 x Pencil
- 1 x 12-page Worksheets
Why a private class?
- flexible time
- full time and attention to student’s progress
- customized lessons
COVID-19 Safety Measures & Requirements for In-person Workshop in Home Studio:
- MASKS REQUIRED: all students and the instructor are required to wear an acceptable form of face covering. Students will need to bring their own and wear them at all times during the workshop.
- All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin, fit snugly against the side of the face, be secured with ties or ear loops, and allow you to remain hands-free.
- Students who attend the workshop must be fully vaccinated.
- If you register for the workshop but are in any of the following situations, please request to be moved to another date:
- If you have experienced any of the following symptoms within the past 48 hours prior to the workshop date – fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea)
- If you are isolating or quarantining because you have been exposed to a person with COVID-19, are sick with COVID-19, or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- If you are currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 PCR test.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Do you have classes on weekdays? No (unless it is a public holiday).
- Do you have classes for kids? No.
- My daughter is a talented and fast learner. She is keen on learning calligraphy. Could you give an exception to teach her? Currently, our modules are suitable for students aged 13 and above.
- Where is your home studio located? It is in the Setapak area, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The full address will be emailed upon workshop registration.
- Can I bring another friend to join the workshop together? Yes, we are open to small group sessions with not more than 3 students due to space limitations.
- I could not make it to the class. Can I refund or reschedule it? Yes, you may request a full refund if we are informed a week before the class.
- Is there a discounted workshop fee for me if I bring along a friend? No.