Brush lettering is a beautiful craft that is a tribute to hand lettering and calligraphy. There are many reasons to learn Brush Lettering. Sitting quietly and drawing letterforms can bring us a sense of peace and serenity. The essence of lettering is to create beautiful artworks with our hands and hearts.
In this class, you will learn the art of brush lettering using a brush pen and water brush. You will learn different watercolor techniques, blending colors, and upper/lowercase letters to help you find your own brush lettering style. At the end of the class, you’ll be able to create your own custom lettered canvas to keep or gift to your loved one, and walk away with a unique skill set that turns your words into beautiful arts.
- Know your brush pens and papers
- Basics of Brush Lettering
- Practicing the Basic Strokes and Alphabets
- Basic skills of watercolor (bleed and blend techniques)
- Connecting letters
- Doodles such as watercolor leaves and roses will be demonstrated
- Creating a Frame-worthy Artwork on a watercolor canvas panel
- 1 x Tombow Dual Brush Pen
- 1 x Pentel Aquash Brush Pen (Fine Point)
- 1 x Watercolor set and palette
- 1 x Pencil
- 1 x clay eraser
- 1 x Canvas Panel
- 1 x 12-page Worksheets
“Because of your very brief intro to watercolor and painting during the brush lettering class, I have been doing lots of watercolor these days. So….and I just wanna THANK YOU for that” – Zeti
Shi Yiing has a great passion for creative things- scrapbooking, lettering, and calligraphy.
She has a great love of watercolor and lettering and always wanted to share her experience and skills with others. She started teaching calligraphy since 2017 and has conducted private & corporate workshops for more than 200 students. Stay connected. www.instagram.com/tanshiyiing/
Class level: beginner
This workshop requires no prior experience in calligraphy/watercolor. Let’s relax, learn, and letter with good companies! I can’t wait to teach you everything I know!
Duration: 2 hours (private online session)
- flexible time
- full time and attention on student’s progress
- customized lessons